Senior UX Researcher
To Drive Digital Blue Foam’s Customer Experience
Digital Blue Foam (DBF) is a Singapore-based technology company developing tools to accelerate the world’s transition to more sustainable, livable, and equitable cities.
DBF is seeking a Senior User Experience Researcher to help us create a world-class customer experience for our interactive design software for professionals in the construction industry (architects and developers, urban planners and contractors).
UX Researchers at DBF must understand user's behaviors, needs, and pain points, translate them into practical and precise information and insights, and share this knowledge with the team.
To achieve the best application of findings, the researcher will collaborate directly with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Business Analysts and, most importantly, the DBF community!
Summary of Requirements
- Work closely with product teams to identify research questions related to the operations and process of design, development and construction phases in the AEC industries.
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methods for the right questions to assess operations, processes, or products.
- Drive qualitative and quantitative research to gain a deeper understanding of user needs and problems.
- Create user flows, mock-ups, and diagrams that show how to help solve those problems.
- Help develop Research culture with Product Managers and Design Teams, and drive the organization to understand the customers' needs, challenges, and problems.
- Collaborate closely with product, design, engineering and business analytics to drive customer-centered and evidence-based decisions on product and design strategy.
- Conduct usability testing and iterate quickly towards designs that meet our users' needs and provide compelling value.
- Run live experiments and collect user insights in real-time within the product.
- Collaborate with our leadership team to understand the vision and help define the path forward for our product offering and a strategy for the user experience.
- Interpret and analyze research results through the lens of UX and social science to create design visions and design products appropriate to user needs, concerns, and abilities
- Proven experience in UX Research (Qualitative and Quantitative methods)
- Proven experience in applying research to digital products.
- Master’s degree or PHD, in Human-Computer Interaction , Design for Interactions, or a closely related field or relevant previous work experience as UX researcher or alternate occupation of Design Researcher (all levels), Human Factors Specialist (all levels), Design Fellow, or closely related occupation. Past experience must include:
- Developing insights, frameworks, personas, journey maps, and principles that inform design decisions
- Conducting user experience and usability tests and validation
- Creating research plans and new research methodologies
- Contributing to innovation, strategy, and user experience design aspects of projects and business development efforts
- Facilitating research and participatory design through workshops and focus groups
- Conducting qualitative field research through one-on-one in-depth interviews
- Conducting research through user and stakeholder interviews.
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment;
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until vacancies are filled. Please submit a CV, cover letter, and links to work samples to
Applications close on January 15, 2022.