For DBF’s Tech + Data Team.
DBF’s Head of Automation will work closely with the BIM Applications, and Product Design team to manage, and prototype design automation solutions for DBF’s digital building design platform. Alongside our CTO, and CCO, and, of course, our community, to identify, imagine, and implement game-breaking solutions to help bring the AEC industry into the 21st century.
Summary of Requirements
- Interview and engage users to understand workflows and identify bottlenecks. Identify potential automation touchpoints to improve efficiency.
- Distill potential workflow touchpoints into strategies.
- Understand how strategies fit into tool/ app functionality and intended user workflows and modify accordingly,
- Communicate strategies with relevant computational/ application teams for implementation
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary project teams to identify computational opportunities and deliver project work effectively
- Actively review emerging technologies and identify development opportunities
- Contribute to DBF’s comprehensive Computational Design strategy
- Process knowledge of design patterns, interface design, and usability
- Revit, Revit API, Dynamo, Rhino, Grasshopper, and / or python expertise experience
- Masters Degree in Engineering or Architecture
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience in a role in design automation
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a start-up environment
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Broad understanding of organizational transformation (people, technology, process)
- A strong customer-centric perspective that focuses on outcomes
Remuneration is commensurate with experience. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until vacancies are filled. Please submit a CV, cover letter, and links to work samples to email@example.com